2022 Rock Hill Amateur Street Skateboarding Classic
Registration & Liability Waiver Form
EVENT DATE: Rock Hill Skateboard Classic will be held on Saturday, April 23, 2022. The event will take place withinThe Episcopal Church of Our Saviour parking lot at 153 E White St, Rock Hill, SC 29730. Participant registration begins at 10:00 a.m. Competition begins at 11:00 a.m.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE: Priority is based upon first come/first served procedure. Participants may be required to show documentation for proof of age. A parent of guardian will be required to sign the registration/hold harmless form for participants under the age of 18. Participants 18 years and older will be able to sign their own form. For more information about the event, please visit our events page at https://skaterockhill.com/skate-contest/
COMPETITION: Due to the wide range of skill level, the competition will be broken down into specific challenges and heats on a makeshift street course. Prizes will be awarded to top performing participants. There will be music/MC’ing playing throughout the event. No music may be submitted by participants to play.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: I am aware that Skateboarding involves many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: changing weather conditions; exposure to extreme or inclement weather; failure of the equipment; loss of balance; difficulty or inability to control one’s speed and direction; variation or steepness in terrain; rapid or uncontrolled acceleration on hills and inclines; variation or changes in the riding surface including rocks, gravel, uneven, damaged, or cracked asphalt. As well as any manmade structures such as mini ramps, kickers, benches, fun boxes, rails and jumps; impact or collision with pedestrians, motor vehicles or other skateboarders; encounters with domestic or wild animals; failing to skate safely or within one's own ability; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE Rock Hill Public Skatepark Board and Church
of our Savior of Rock Hill South Carolina, d/b/a Episcopal Church of Our Saviour RELEASEES INCLUDING THE FAILURE OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS SAFEGUARDING OR PROTECTING ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF SKATEBOARDING OR USE OF THE EQUIPMENT. I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH SKATEBAORDING AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT: In consideration of the RELEASEES agreeing to my participation in the skateboarding competition and permitting my use of their services, equipment and other facilities, and for other goodand valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in the skateboard competition or use of the Equipment, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND FURTHER INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF PARTICIPATING IN SKATEBOARDING REFERRED TO ABOVE; OR TO THE DESIGN, MANUFACTURE, SELECTION, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, INSPECTION, SERVICE OR REPAIR OF THE EQUIPMENT, or in respect of the provision of or the failure to provide any warnings, directions, instructions or guidance as to the use of the Equipment, unless any such loss
damage, expense or injury, including death, results from the gross negligence or willful or wanton conduct of Releasees;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY Releasees for all liability for any property damage, loss or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in the skateboarding competition or use of the Equipment.
3. This Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity.
4. This Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of State of South Carolina; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement shall be brought solely within the state of federal courts located within the State of South Carolina.
In entering into this Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of the skateboarding competition, other than what is set forth herein.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING IT, AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
Rock Hill Skate Park Project | #SkateRockHill | Powered by MediaZeus